Today’s post is going to highlight 6 of the top foods/drinks for burning fat. The foods listed below are all healthy options, and should be included in your diet as much as possible. If fat loss is your goal and you feel your diet could do with a healthy boost, then keep reading.
- Whole Grains – Whole grains are complex carbohydrates, this means your body burns more calories breaking them down than simple carbohydrates. Twice as much to be precise. They also keep you feeling fuller for longer so you are less likely to snack.
- Grapefruit – Grapefruit lowers insulin, and regulates blood sugar levels and metabolism. This means you will burn more calories, and also lower the amount of fat your body stores.
- Hot Peppers – Capsaicin, the compound in peppers that give them their kick, boosts thermogenesis and increases the calories burnt.
- Cinnamon – Has thermogenic properties and therefore boosts your metabolism, increasing your overall calorie burn
- Green Tea – Green tea contains polyfenol and caffeine, which have both been proven to help burn fat.
- Water – Water suppresses the appetite meaning you don’t have cravings to eat other foods. It has also been shown to help your body with its daily functions, such as digestion, and therefore means less fat will be stored.